Our fiber-optic endoscope is an invaluable diagnostic tool. Endoscopy allows our surgeons to retrieve swallowed foreign objects, view the digestive tract and even obtain biopsies if necessary. The advantage of this piece of equipment is that we never have to create an incision. Endoscopy is completely painless, non-invasive and has no side effects. Keeping objects pets can swallow in safe, out of way places is important for your pets safety. We have successfully removed everything from car keys to batteries!
Signs Your Pet May Have Ingested a Foreign Body
How do pet owners know if your pet has ingested something they shouldn’t have? Animals can show a wide variety of symptoms, from acting quieter than usual and not wanting to eat, to acting painful and vomiting.
If a pet owner has any suspicion that a foreign object was ingested and is concerned that it will not pass easily, the animal should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.