All new patients receive a comprehensive examination. This is the same comprehensive examination that is recommended for all of our patients once a year.
A comprehensive examination includes:
* Discussion of diet: type of diet, amount to feed.
* Discussion of weight control.
* Discussion of flea and parasite control.
* Discussion of recent medical history: vomiting/diarrhea, lameness, etc.
- Eyes: eyelids, lashes, cornea, iris, pupil, lens and retina
- Oral Exam: gums, tongue, teeth, and soft palate/tonsils
- Neck: thyroid
- Lymph nodes
- Chest: heart and lung auscultation
- Abdomen: abdominal palpation
- Genitalia and anal region
- Extremities: joint mobility and range of motion, arthritis, weakness
- Muscle strength
- Skin: hair coat quality, dermatitis, lumps